On January 1st, Mr. and Mrs. GGC did 2 pretty extraordinary things. First, they created this blog — an exciting work in progress. Then, after careful consideration and a great deal of research, they went against everything that Mrs. GGC was raised to believe growing up as an Italian in New York – they gave up meat.
We will get into the nitty gritty details of this challenge in February, but what I (the Mrs.) want you all to know is: we. are. hungry.
Truly, this is nothing new. The two of us, though small in stature, can really put it away – we LOVE food. So, we came up with a simple recipe for granola bars that are packed with protein and yummy yummy flavor to keep us full and energized throughout the day. I just tasted one and damn they are GOOOOOD. View the recipe below, and remember to comment with your thoughts!!
What you need:
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter (we prefer organic)
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
almonds (or replace with your favorite nut)
Cran-raisins (can be replaced with regular raisins, or golden raisins)
a touch of cinnamon
Combine like so…
- Combine the honey and peanut butter in a small pot. Warm the ingredients on medium heat until they easily combine.
- Remove from the heat. Add the oats and mix until combined.
- Roughly chop the almonds (I used a small handful). Add nuts to the mixture, and combine.
- Add the Cran-raisins (also, a small handful). Then – guess what? – mix it baby.
- Place the parchment paper on a pan and spread your mixture onto the parchment paper. You can form individual bars, “cookies” or a giant cake (shown below).
- Place in the freezer until solid. Voila!